Junior Technical Artist needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in Marietta, OH.
The Big Picture – Top Skills Should You Possess:
The Graphics Technical Artist will work directly under the Manager for Training & Development and is responsible for the development and delivery of 3D and 2D digital content to support manufacturing operations and all other duties assigned.
The Technical artist will work closely with the digital arts group deploying digital content through multiple mediums such as; augmented step by step instructions, virtual reality procedures, animated procedures, and digital eLearning courses, application support development, holographic design, and new R&D design.
The Technical Artist will facilitate the collaboration with our manufacturing partners to integrate Virtual Reality (VR) technology and Augmented Reality (AR) as a digital/training and support solution for our employees and customers. This is a great opportunity to work with the Training Team to develop and deploy VR and AR applications into job aides and training materials to support our various businesses.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Use development tools including Autodesk Maya/Max, Unity, Photoshop, and Substance Suite to create art assets needed for projects.
- Visually recreate or hand model complex equipment to be deployed and used within game engines.
- Remodel CAD into usable assets within a game engine.
- Reduce polygon counts.
- Texturing and UV unwrapping.
- Use knowledge of environment design to create compelling 3D content including lighting, texturing, post-processing, layout, etc.
- Create basic rig setups for organic and inorganic objects
- Play test and provide feedback to improve the user experience of related projects.
- Support Learning and Development teams by building graphic content to aide in the creation of augmented work procedures.
- Coordinate with Training Teams, Subject Matter Experts and Quality teams for knowledge transfer to support the development of training courses to align with the company goals.
- Understand standard systems development life-cycle processes and apply methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Adhere to graphic standards defined by technical management and follow the preset protocols.
- Test the developed functionality before completing the tasks.
- Integrate proper design philosophies in creating UI and UX for VR/AR applications.
- Meet regular production timelines and measurable goals and establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Plan and forecast timelines for project goals and deliverables.
- Gather and refine specifications/requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Maintain, expand, and scale site projects.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Assist with developing of digital arts e-learning content, photography and videography knowledge a plus
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- BA/MA in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. In lieu of 4 year technical degree in training design, computer graphics, interactive digital technology, or game engineering must have 5-7 years of relative work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct related experience.
- Scientific industry experience and knowledge a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D Modeling tools including: Unity, Unreal, Autodesk Maya/Max, 3D Lighting and UV Unwrapping, Substance Suite, Photoshop.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Project, and SharePoint).
- Solid planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Able to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment comfortably.
- Able to travel up to 40%
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Aimee Slavit
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh Client Talent and Client Solutions
Why Work Here?Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK