Engineering Support Specialist needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in Bingen, WA.
The Big Picture – Top Skills Should You Possess:
Provides technical support to engineers across a variety of engineering disciplines.
Conducts analysis to include mathematical calculations.
Researches applicable standards, regulations and design criteria.
Develops technical recommendations. Formats, compiles and manipulates technical data such as laboratory or material test and performance results.
Produces engineering documentation, reports and drawings to include flow charts, block diagrams, schematics and technical aids.
Conduct tests and records engineering evaluation data. Completes a wide variety of engineering technical data requests and process documents. Investigates and resolves technical issues. Coordinates and conducts technical reviews.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Have a home base in the Software Hardware Integration Team supporting hardware-in-the-loop simulation systems
- Take assignments as the Engineering Support Specialist on some of the highest priority projects, working with a cross-discipline engineering team to support delivering complex unmanned aircraft system solutions
- Enjoy the variety of work integrating software, electrical and mechanical, basic networking, RF and other communication technologies
- Relish the opportunity and excitement of being hands-on with our newest products following them through the development lifecycle of initial HIL simulation.
- Support in the Software Integration Lab, building and maintaining HIL simulation systems and supporting other Software Engineers
- Have technical curiosity and enjoy working with like-minded, dedicated individuals
- Act as the Software Hardware Integration team’s SCRUM Master
- Be the focal for procuring necessary hardware to support our critical HIL environment
- Be the first line of support for a diverse set of internal engineering partner utilizing our HIL environment
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Experience integrating software and hardware systems
- Experience working with electrical and robotics systems and ability to interpret electrical schematics
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages (ex: Python)
- Desired knowledge of networking and ability to interpret a basic networking diagram
- Desired knowledge of RF communication technology
- Knowledge of computer system infrastructure, information, application, security, system management, system integration
- Good problem-solving abilities, careful attention to detail, open to taking direction and adapting to course corrections
- Desired experience with safety critical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to distil complex technical information to the relevant facts
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, and address tasks
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and contribute in a team environment
- Have a proven track record of methodically approaching difficult problems and resolving them
- Strong interpersonal and technical support skills, with a track record of working effectively with a variety of teams, engineering disciples, end-customers, and multiple levels of management
- Experience with Agile, ideally contributing as a Scrum Master
- Experience with parts procurement/ordering
- Experience with asset tracking
- Desired knowledge of UAS design and functional components
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Aimee Slavit
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.