- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Supports a wide scope of accounting processes, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, Intercompany, and Financial Statement preparation.
- Provides transactional processing support to the department for routine transactions, such as accounts receivable billing/invoicing, payroll, time & labor.
- Assists with month-end closing process for all areas of general and cost accounting, including posting of journal entries, completion of balance sheet reconciliations, and review of financial statements.
- Leads SOX testing process and maintains current and complete documentation for SOX narratives and department work instructions.
- Support internal and external audit activity.
- Oversees government compliance including Accounting System compliance by reviewing processes and transactional data for adherence to system requirements. Recommends and leads correction actions as needed.
- Analyzes financial statements to assess reasonableness and then as needed implements any corrective actions to fix data and/or business processes.
- Reviews contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition consistent with ASC-606 standards and documents conclusions.
- Assists with the preparation of the 10k and year-end tax package reporting schedules.
- Assists with the preparation of internal reporting, including supporting annual and monthly planning and forecasting.
- Assists with preparation of the annual incurred cost submission to the US Government.
- Maintains continuous improvement efforts to ensure optimization.
- Assists with other accounting department tasks and reporting as required.
- Adheres to companies internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFRs) for applicable cycles (EAC, Revenue, etc) as well as GAAP and companiesCorporate Accounting Policies.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with coworkers across all departments
- Understands the requirements of internal customers and provides useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively (both writing and verbally) with other departments and customers, both internal and external
- Ability to be flexible with work assignments and appropriately modify processes and procedures to find the best way to complete assigned
- Bachelors degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Graduate degree and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed to meet reporting and deliverable deadlines
- CPA, CMA, or Masters Degree
- Manufacturing industry experience, preferably in defense or aerospace
- Prior experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Experience with Infor BAAN or Deltek Costpoint
- Prior financial experience with large multiyear contracts requiring ASC606 over time revenue recognition.
- Understanding of DoD contracting types, policies, and practices, including government-based major system requirements
- Prior experience with indirect expense budgeting and indirect rate development
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR & DFAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.PandoLogic. Keywords: Senior Accountant, Location: Philadelphia, PA - 19122
Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company