- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Technician needed for an 18 month contract to hire opportunity with Yoh’s client located in Austin, Texas.
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and communicative skill-set
What You Will Be Doing:
- The Quality Technician is responsible for inspecting electro-mechanical assemblies
- The inspection will compare the physical build to released standards and drawings
- The position will also entail performing root cause investigations for assembly defects and damage
- Improving overall quality of outgoing product and identifying opportunities for continual improvement
- Inspect an assembly which has several hundred parts and connections. This activity requires standing, using a 3-step ladder, and squatting on the floor.
- Investigate manufacturing related discrepant material events and customer reported non-conformance
- Gathering of facts requires talking to assembly and test personnel, engineers, etc.
- Monitor the build sequence to identify failures in assembly and ensure the build process is being followed
- Write nonconforming reports for defects or other process or product related non-conformance
- Writing up events in SAP and communicating factually through emails
- Identify potential solutions and work with other functional organizations to implement an improvement
- Familiar with Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Able to succinctly describe a problem
- Be a self-starter by using general guidance to achieve results and be proactive
- Work with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering while investigating issues and developing solutions
- Participates in overall improvement of the work center by identifying potential solutions to problems and non-conforming events
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Able to communicate nonconforming events or process problems via email, in-person and/or within the SAP system while maintaining facts and respect
- This position is for second shift. The hours are from 4:00 pm to approximately 2:30 am depending on Operations’ hours; Monday through Friday with some weekend work.
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or experience in related field
- Working knowledge of SAP Module
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of the largest and legendary global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly e-payroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
#LI-SA #Zip-SA #CB-SA #IND-SA #Mon-SA
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
TechnologyView all jobs at Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company