Mills County Personal Trainer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $24 Hourly
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Personal Trainers develop and facilitate individual and group sessions in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels; effectively building community with clients and other members to help meet varied health, ability and cultural needs.
1. Designs safe and effective exercise programs based on client/group’s goals and needs &/or protocols – programs will be reviewed by Health & Wellness Lead staff to ensure quality.
2. Maintains professionalism and client rapport as well as continuing education with an emphasis on enhancing the spiritual, physical and mental health of each client and member.
3. Works independently, organizing multiple client records and maintains strict confidentiality.
4. Exhibits a positive attitude and models a healthy lifestyle.
5. Educates clients and members about fitness and wellness principles.
6. Actively participates in departmental and branch meetings and/or trainings.
7. Performs other duties assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Communication & Influence
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Two or more years of college, pursuing a degree in Exercise Science, Wellness Health Promotion or related health field preferred
• Must hold current nationally recognized Personal Trainer certification from approved organization
• Excellent customer service and general office skills
• Ability to communicate verbally to large and small groups of members and the ability to work with varying fitness levels and ages
• Ability to work independently with attention to detail required
• Complete before first shift: YMCA cause & culture training; fitness-specific training
• Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR/AED; First Aid (provided by YMCA)
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Wellness Center environment, must be able to stand for extended periods of time, walk, and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move, lift and/or carry up to 45 pounds.
• Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions required.
• Hours may include evening and weekend work.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ymca of Greater Omaha
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?