Fitness Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Posted: 2 days ago
- $15 to $19 Hourly
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Fitness Maintenance Technician enhances YMCA wellness floors by completing maintenance work orders for YMCA wellness equipment & floors.
1. Completes association-wide fitness equipment work orders as assigned.
2. Maintains supply and maintenance closets, tools, and equipment in a safe, functional, and orderly manner.
3. Assists location staff as needed to maintain cooperative working relationships.
4. Relates to the public in a positive manner.
5. Actively participates in department and association staff meetings and/or related trainings.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- High school diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree highly desirable
- Three or more years working knowledge of fitness equipment and other maintenance related areas of a fitness center environment preferred
- Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA Cause and Culture, program specific, Child Abuse Prevention and Safety trainings, BLS CPR & First Aid (provided by YMCA)
- Completion of YMCA risk management and other maintenance-specific certifications, as needed
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel between branches daily is required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a non-office position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, use hand and power tools, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Frequent exposure to dust or fumes is possible and use of cleaning equipment and chemicals is required.
- The work is performed both indoors and out.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Reliable transportation and travel among local branches required.
- Hours may include evening and weekend work.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ymca of Greater Omaha
Real EstateView all jobs at Ymca of Greater Omaha