Senior or Lead Java/SQL Developer (sports domain)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We build the best mobile apps in sports.
Our apps are used by 200+ sports clubs in the NFL, NBA, LaLiga, MLS, NHL, LigaMX, AFL (Australia), and more. Our Java/SQL/cloud infrastructure serves up terabytes of real-time content and sends billions of push notifications to tens of millions of fans globally. Our infrastructure involves databases, caches, load-balancers, replication, APIs, all of which must work in concert to provide sports fans a real-time game-day experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a Senior Java/SQL Developer, you will need to learn the company's backend infrastructure quickly, and then use your skills and abilities to implement and enhance our backend infrastructure and the features and products that use it. You will be working to deliver backend-heavy products and features to sports teams. You will be working with iOS/Android developers as well as UI/UX designers to provide the best experience to sports fans.
Note: This position is based out of our offices in Pittsburgh.
If you like complex, large, demanding distributed systems,
If you like pushing your code to production every day,
If you like dealing with data-intensive systems,
If you enjoy troubleshooting complicated systems problems,
If you enjoy kernel-level programming as much as high-level languages,
If you love tinkering and figuring things out on your own,
WE WANT YOU.
- 4+ years of industry experience with building production Java code
- 4+ years of experience in using relational databases and SQL
- 4+ years of experience in using AWS and AWS-related technologies
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java and C#
- 4+ years of experience in RESTful APIs using both XML and JSON data formats
- 4 years+ of experience with relational databases and designing schemas for relational databases
- 3 years+ of experience with distributed systems such as DynamoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- 2+ years of experience in using Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Flair for troubleshooting problems in complex, large, distributed systems
- Willingness and ability to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry.
- Strong knowledge and depth in computer science fundamentals, including fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Strong systems fundamentals, including concepts such as representation of data types, memory management, operating systems, and synchronization.
- Strong networking fundamentals, including knowledge of common network protocols and wire formats (e.g. HTTP) and debugging of network-level issues (e.g. packet captures, proxying)
- Proficiency in asynchronous programming and multithreaded programming.
- Paid time off every year
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Full medical, dental and vision health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Gym membership
- Beverages and snacks
- Paid parking near the office
- Building products for well-known sports teams
- Paid Coursera plan to take 8000+ courses around the world
If you like programming,
If you like computer science,
If you like engineering and problem solving,
If you like large-scale backend systems,
If you like fast-paced development,
If you like bringing ideas to life in a matter of days,
If you want to build software products for sports teams,
If you want to deliver your code into the hands of tens of millions of passionate, engaged sports fans,
WE WANT YOU.
6024 Broad StreetPhiladelphia, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at Yinzcam
Get fresh Yinzcam jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.