Product Release Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
We are looking for a Product Release Manager, to serve as the single point of truth in all matters of product releases within the company. The ideal candidate will track the schedule of project releases, coordinate across engineering/design/QA/clients to ensure that releases go out on time, and to ensure the satisfaction and happiness of each of our clients. The candidate provides daily reports to the CEO on the status of product releases, as well as communicates them company-wide. The candidate measures their own success by a single metric--the number of product releases that go out on time.
The ideal candidate is unstoppable and relentlessly focused on the timeliness, quality, and efficiency of YinzCam's product releases. The ideal candidate has a passion for client satisfaction, processes, scheduling, project management, and digital products for sports, and willingly rolls up their sleeves, jumps into tasks that need attention, learns what needs to be done, and then just gets things done.
Quietly, reliably, efficiently, consistently.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a passion for, and a relentless focus on, timeliness of product delivery
- Is highly organized and efficient in the face of competing and changing priorities
- Is capable of handling dozens of product releases in any given 24-hour period
- Thrives under (even relishes) pressure and tight deadlines
- Has exemplary work ethic and can be depended on
- Is tenacious in getting things done on time, every single time
- Can maintain confidentiality, and use their judgement and discretion
- Is particular about English grammar and written communication.
THE MVP CANDIDATE
- Has expertise with project-management tools such as JIRA
- Has expertise with putting together polished, professional documents, including release-roadmaps and reports
- Has expertise with scheduling and optimizing the launch of dozens of deliverables at any given time
- Can work easily across different departments, including engineering, design, and QA
- Can work independently and be proficient on day 1 of the job with little training
- Can spot problems proactively, and think several steps ahead
- Seeks to grow their career in digital/sports, and learn about the ins and outs of running a company
- Track the release schedules/completion of products for 200+ clients across the company
- Tracks each step of the process from concept to launch, being keenly aware of blockers and bottlenecks
- Keeps releases moving through the product-development/testing pipeline, eliminating delays and blockers
- Report daily to the CEO on the progress of all releases
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (this is a writing-heavy administrative role)
- Advanced skills with Excel spreadsheets, including macros, pivot tables, charts, conditional formatting, etc.
- Willingness and ability to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry, including weekends, evenings and holidays (when sports teams have their games scheduled), as needed.
- Passion for customer service, and a passion to grow one's career in the sports industry.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Paid time off every year
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Full medical, dental and vision health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Gym membership
- Paid parking near the office
- Coursera professional-development plans for continued education and learning
- Building products for well-known sports teams
If you like programming,
If you like computer science,
If you like engineering and problem solving,
If you like large-scale backend systems,
If you like fast-paced development,
If you like bringing ideas to life in a matter of days,
If you want to build software products for sports teams,
If you want to deliver your code into the hands of tens of millions of passionate, engaged sports fans,
WE WANT YOU.
YinzcamWhy Work Here?
We build the best mobile apps in sports. Our products are used by teams in the NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL, LaLiga, and the English Premier League.
YinzCam® is a Pittsburgh-based mobile technology company, a Carnegie Mellon spin-off, with tens of million of downloads of its mobile apps worldwide, with 200+ sports clients across 5 continents, including clubs in the NFL, NBA, LaLiga, LigaMX, English Premier League, NHL, and MLS. If you like programming, If you like computer science, If you like engineering and problem solving, If you like large-scale backend systems, If you like fast-paced development, If you like bringing ideas to life in a matter of days, If you want to build software products for sports teams, If you want to deliver your code into the hands of tens of millions of passionate, engaged sports fans, WE WANT YOU.
6024 Broad StreetPittsburgh, PA