Yield Engineering Systems (“YES”) provides equipment and process solutions to various industries like semiconductor, life sciences and medical devices to help develop innovative products.
The Supply Chain Director is responsible for creating a resilient supply chain and mitigating supply risk. This person leads the sourcing, procurement, warehousing and logistics services. Responsibility includes sourcing strategy, risk mitigation, demand balancing, supplier development, contracting, procurement, and supplier evaluation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced growing organization.
YES is backed by industry’s leading investors with the goal of growing and building a successful enterprise. YES is currently located in Livermore, CA and will be moving into a larger facility in Fremont, CA by end of the year 2019.
Director – Supply Chain
· Develop processes for Procurement and Logistics in an organization growing from a start up mode.
· Identify key suppliers that are tightly coupled to YES’s success, and evaluate and select second source suppliers.
· Improve and optimize the cost structures of our procured materials & components with key suppliers supporting the financial goals.
· Build pipeline of projects by conducting cross functional workshops.
· Formulate sourcing strategies on key spend categories. Launch and execute risk mitigation strategies
· Execute on working capital turns improvement programs including inventory reduction and supplier payment terms improvements
· Help develop and implement Transportation & Logistics supplier performance metrics to assure business deliverables are achieved.
· Bachelor's Degree required (engineering preferred), MBA Preferred, Purchasing Certificates Preferred
· 10+ years of proven progressive management experience in Supply Chain Management
· Cross-functional project management experience and experience in leading sourcing workshops and/or kaizens.
· Experience in structuring contracts and managing business relationships
· Able to establish relevant strategies, clearly articulate expectations and follow up to achieve savings and shape business process
· Experience in a procurement role preferably in semiconductor industry
· Strong experience with developing early stage suppliers
· In-depth negotiation experience and the ability to meet cost targets
· Strong analytical and technical skills are a key requirement
· Must have the ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with Product Development and the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams
· Experience with MRP/ERP systems is a requirement
· Must possess the technical skills necessary to effectively assess, analyze, and solve complex issues in a constantly-changing environment.
· Must deliver measurable and auditable results in key performance indicators
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in various organizations from transactional to senior management
· Must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key sourcing initiatives
· Lean/Six Sigma Black Certification
· The ability to work collaboratively with the supply base and across all internal departments to achieve overall cost improvement goals.
· Coach and develop a new team that must maintain skills as the organization grows and changes. Hire new employees as growth demands.
· Must have a high level of motivation, discipline mindset & self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations with a high level of integrity and ethics.
· Must have the ability to develop "best practices" benchmarked process & system management.