Duration: Long Term
Description: Scaffolding Designers
Our client is currently looking for a Designer in the Industrial Division to join their family! As a Designer, you'll provide designs and material lists of scaffolding and formwork solutions using the company’s product range. You'll be producing detail designs in 3D models and 2D drawings using CAD and associated Autodesk tools and material lists and quantities. This role will liaise with senior engineers to ensure safe and cost-effective solutions, on time and meeting company design standards.
We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, is open-minded, passionate about their work, in addition to being a team player. Are you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a grown company that cares about their employees? If so, we invite you to apply!
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Design/detail scaffolding and formwork solutions for Industrial projects producing high quality 3D and 2D CAD geometry to enable visualization in design and assembly reviews.
- Ensure all design solutions are:
- Safe, technically accurate and cost effective
- Compliant with all relevant regulations and codes
- Produced in a timely manner to achieve production goals
- In compliance with contract specifications
- Provide the necessary quality of detail for effective communication of design requirements
- Analyze contract drawings or 3D models
- Enter design related data into company Path
- Assist the sales team with technical information and documentation
What you'll need to be successful:
- Associates degree preferred pr Certification in technical drawing and relevant experience in lieu of qualifications
- Experience / Skills
- Design and detailing in AutoCAD 2D, 3D and Navisworks
- Preferred – Client product and process knowledge
- Experience of scaffolding and shoring in an industrial context
- Proactive problem-solving and continuous improvement mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Client offers benefit options including medical, dental, vision, supplemental options, 401k retirement with company match, paid holidays and PTO (paid time off).
Work Location: 1 opening in Houston
Pay Rate: Salary; Open & DOE– open to discussing higher pay rate for the right person.