The Yelp Business Marketing team is looking for it's first ever SEO manager to help develop and implement a strategy to reach our users in organic search. You will be driving innovation to find new ways to connect our business owners with Yelp via a seamless search experience, showing Yelp's commitment to provide resources to help business owners promote themselves and grow.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing marketing organization, to be a thought leader of a critical part of our strategy to connect with our users and help them succeed, and to drive the organic search strategy to continue to drive Yelp's growth. You'll have full ownership of the business SEO strategy from start to end, working across the organization to achieve the goals you set. We can't wait for you to come in with a solid SEO experience, a passion for creating great things and a contagious, positive energy to take SEO somewhere we never could have imagined beforehand!
Where You Come In:
- You have a deep understanding of the evolving search market, and can translate those insights into new strategic opportunities to drive growth within the organization.
- You can define what SEO means for an organization, and align key stake-holders to the role and value of organic search. There will be no doubt that you are a thought leader within your field.
- You can analyze an organization, understanding where SEO can have the biggest impact, and evaluate what resources that will be needed both internally and externally to reach the goals you set, and get the analytics needed to prove your business case.
- You are as comfortable navigating the technical side of SEO as you are developing content strategies to improve the awareness in search. You are a full-stack SEO!
- You are a successful story teller, being able to adjust your narrative depending on the audience and simplify complex data or technological challenges into straightforward, actionable insights.
- You are able to establish a framework for evaluating the performance of SEO to the Yelp overall business, defining KPIs and creating the required dashboards and communications to assure the business can evaluate the impact of SEO.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have at least 4 years of experience of managing a SEO program, in-house or via an agency.
- You are able to hit the ground running, where a lack of direction is not a deterrent but a motivation driver.
- You have a deep knowledge of relevant SEO tools, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SearchMetrics, Ahrefs and BrightEdge. You know the ins and outs of global search engines like the back of your hand, from Google to YouTube to Baidu and back again.
- You can demonstrate having managed SEO projects that have had a significant impact on the business.
- You are deeply results oriented and data driven. Excellent at quickly digesting new data, both qualitative and quantitative, and guiding strategies based on these insights.
- You are a great verbal and written communicator.
- You have a basic understanding of modern web design.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education - and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include "Playing Well With Others" and "Authenticity."
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.