Cast your textbooks aside, Yelp is seeking interns to work side-by-side with our passionate, hard-working Community Manager.
Wait, what's Yelp?
Yelp is a website and mobile app that connects people to great local businesses. From restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more, we believe in helping consumers make smarter and more informed decisions about where to spend their money.
And who is this Community Manager I'll be working with?
Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, social media, and various odds and ends on the local level - but they can't do it alone! Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
Where You Come In:
- You will help develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- You will co-manage the Twitter handle and Facebook page.
- You will keep Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- You will help with online community building.
- You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy.
What You Will Get:
- You will get practical experience with new media marketing techniques.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development.
- You will be part of a rich network of personal and professional contacts.
- You'll get as much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- This is a 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
- You must have 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- You must currently live/resides in the Bakersfield area.
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 19+, as we'll need your help at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Ready to apply? Submit the following:
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile - this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education - and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include "Playing Well With Others" and "Authenticity."
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.