CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (CIH) or 8 years+ in Industrial Hygiene.
The Yellow Bird Holdings, Inc Certified Industrial Hygienist is required to be in good standing with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene and current on all certification requirements. Duties will include industrial hygiene and environmental monitoring. Industrial Hygiene assessments to determine client risks, assessing potential client hazards and controlling recognized hazards, evaluating risks and hazard control measures. Provide client assistance with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) evaluations, assisting clients with maintaining and evaluating industrial hygiene and environmental health records. The CIH must render client assistance with regulatory compliance, in regard to OSHA regulations applicable to environmental workplace hazards; and provide professional resources to client managers/representatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics Engineering, occupational environment health, industrial health, or related field strongly preferred
• Masters Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, occupational environment health, industrial health preferred
• 8 years experience working within the Industrial Hygiene Field preferred.
• Credentials designated as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Self-motivated and able to complete and deliver assigned task
• Willing to travel to client location
Duties of the Job
• Provide excellent client services while representing Yellow Bird Holdings, Inc
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex environmental monitoring data
• Assist client with compliance initiatives for all Federal (e.g., OSHA), state and local safety rules and regulation, specific to the client’s industry as it applies industrial hygiene practices.
• Evaluate client environmental risks by utilizing industrial hygiene instruments, tools, and equipment.
• Provide clients with program and policy development related to safety and health.
• Assist client Managers with developing environmental control methods.
• Develop the necessary Industrial Hygiene plan for eliminating or reducing environmental and safety hazards.
• Assist and/or Develop necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) matrixes and PPE training modules.
• Facilitate necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training sessions.
• Performs exposure assessments per client requirements.
• Performs duties as assigned by Yellow Bird Holding, Inc contracts
• Perform client workplace health hazard assessment for chemicals, particulates, noise, ventilation, heat/cold stressors
• Possess the ability to anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevent and control conditions which could result in illness, impaired health, or significant discomfort in the workplace.
On The Job Requirements
• Must have reliable transportation to client locations.
• Must have Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PPT)
• Must be able to physically perform duties that will require standing, sitting, and extensive computer/laptop use.
• Must be able to perform a considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning, and twisting.
• Must have knowledge of OSHA compliance regulations in regard to Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL’s), Time Weighted Averages (TWA’s), Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) situations, and assist the client with applying this knowledge to their workforce.
Why Work Here?We match EHS professionals with great companies 15x faster and 25% lower cost. Work on your terms, when you want and how you want. Do they type of projects you love and let us worry about the rest!
Join the YellowBird network and get matched with Companies looking for EHS Professionals