Part time Office clerk
- $16 Hourly
The Casual Clerk (Union) will perform various office support and administrative functions for the Operations/Facility Manager and their management staff. Support the functions of the office through various tasks and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform clerical assignments in accordance with established procedures and under general instruction.
- Perform money-related functions including preparation of bank deposits and driver collect bills to assure positive cash flow for the facility and corporation. OS&D (Overages, Shortages, and Damages) including yard and dock checks, claims assistance, cashiering and customer service duties as required.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing shipments are correct, including paperwork, tracking and expediting shipments.
- Handle hazardous material breakouts, bills of lading, manifests, and all other related shipping and receiving documents to ensure accuracy and government compliance.
- Compile data for routing reports, as directed.
- Post information to records, prepare invoices and sort and distribute mail.
- Review and maintain various reports and ensure proper authorization for company functions and purchases are obtained.
- Assist in the administration and office support functions by maintaining office records, personnel files and answering routine questions about company policy.
- Competitive pay starting at $16.00 / hour
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Some college or related training.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
100% paid health, dental and vision for you and your family. Zero paycheck deductions
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.