Senior Front End Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Yardstik is a start-up software company with a mission of building trust and safety into the Internet Economy. The world of background screening, certification, and training has lacked innovation and we’re here to change that for our customers. Our enterprise-class technology allows us to provide a right-fit solution for our customers realistic for any platform, in any industry. Join us in our efforts to protect organizations and their people.
We are adding a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to help build out our platform’s customer and employee-facing web-based applications and SDK components. You will collaborate with other engineers to implement new UI, Component, and API features in a microservices oriented environment using modern frontend technologies.
You’re the right candidate if you’re an experienced engineer who is up to date with front end technologies (such as React, Material Design) and can apply language skills (JS, Typescript) to implementing robust interfaces and well-tested and well-factored components. You’ll be ready to hit the ground running, be comfortable with a fully-remote dev environment, and produce results even when facing ambiguity.
This is a unique opportunity to join the company at an early stage and we are looking for someone who wants to evolve with us. We are honored to have recently been named as a Best Place to Work and have also received Minne Inno’s Fire Award in the “Growing” category. Come be part of our amazing culture and join an environment where you can see and feel the impact of your work every day.
We are open to local candidates in Minnesota and remote U.S. employees. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you will do in the Senior Front End Developer role:
- Handle and oversee development and integration of User Interface components for all company applications. Ensure design consistency and quality are maintained.
- Make informed decisions regarding client side and server side (node.js) architecture and framework/library usage.
- Drive the engineering User Story creation, tasking and estimation.
- Driver of product roadmapping, and technical solutioning with key product and engineering stakeholders.
- Foster a good testing culture to ensure that unit, integration, and end-to-end tests are in place where appropriate. Put the proper tools in place to help improve test quality and coverage.
- Mentor other developers through pair programming and regular code reviews.
Qualifications and skills for success in the Senior Front End Developer role:
- 5+ years software develop experience as a Front-end Engineer
- Expertise with client-side build processes
- Expertise with client-side security (authentication, authorization, encryption)
- Strong technical documentation skills and testing skills
- Experience with Rest APIs
- Exposure to GraphQL
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with Cloud-Native Hosting
Our technology stack and development processes include the following:
Scrum-based agile approach with Continuous Delivery with modern use of tools and documentation; GitHub, Clubhouse.io, OpenAPI 3.0
- React, Material Design, js
- Storybook, Figma
- Responsive Design, SPAs
- Restful APIs, GraphQL
This is the perfect role for you if have:
- A background in the frontend or full-stack development
- Love for APIs and experience building against public and internal APIs.
- Joy for being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly work environment.
- An affinity for wearing many hats from an engineering perspective
- A passion for working in a fast-paced and rewarding startup environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Yardstik, Inc