- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a highly motivated, team player to create, develop, and edit operational and instructional documentation and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather information, identify target audiences and determine technical documentation needs for Yardi Products!
What you will do
- Use your expertise to research, develop, organize, write and edit technical materials in a variety of formats
- Collaborate on a regular basis with SMEs to establish technical specifications
- Publish developed content leveraging multiple communication channels (e.g. paper, multimedia, web-based publications and user sites)
- Maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions and assist in production of technical diagrams and graphs
- Follow and maintain established style of content guidelines across platforms and media and analyze written and published content to maintain continuity of style
- Ensures technical documents are published on schedule
- Maintain updates and revisions to technical documentation and materials, as new issues occur
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology and content management
- Be part of a great team, collaborate on regular basis, and help each other be successful
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of relevant technical writing experience, preferably software industry
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer, and Camtasia or other multimedia tools
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply new tools, processes, and standards
- Working knowledge of document structuring, content communications, and presentation techniques
- Ability to explain technical concepts to audiences that have varying degrees of technical ability
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong time management skills and an ability to take accountability for completing projects
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information
- Ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language
What would be helpful to have
- Knowledge of applicable industry/field experience
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.
There is something for everyone at Yardi, whether you love to code, or are a people person and enjoy solving issues and providing support to clients. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun!
EducationView all jobs at Yardi Systems
Get fresh Software Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.