Growing up Southern is a privilege. It runs a helluva lot deeper than just where you’re born. It’s a set of ideals passed down through generations. Sure, it’s about sweet tea and swimmin’ holes, front porches and fried chicken, magnolias and Moon Pies. But more importantly, it’s about being devoted to your roots; having a sense of place, of tradition, of family, hard work and each other. And those, my friends, should be universal ideals.
To that end, we proudly present Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. A house of worship to farm-fresh ingredients, classic Southern cooking, culture and hospitality. What we believe is a noble endeavor indeed. So stop on by, cop a seat and sample some made from-scratch divinity. We’re serving up the freshest, most inventive takes on regional Southern fare seven days a week with a foot-stompin’, soul-healin’ brunch on the weekends. We’ll keep a place set for you.
REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Guests, Kitchen Staff, Stewarding Staff, F&B Staff, Management Team
We are looking for Restaurant Managers responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. This position report directly to the Assistant General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality
• Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility
• Excellent guest service skills
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
• The employee frequently is required to walk
Qualifications and Competencies
• At least 3 years of restaurant management experience
• Knowledge of MS Office, ALOHA or MICROS, and Compeat Advantage or Rest. 365 preferably
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security,
company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports
• Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
• Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems
• Must possess effective communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities
Hatched in 2001, 50 Eggs, Inc. owns and operates a full-service, multi-faceted, culinary and hospitality firm. Named one of the coolest multi-concept companies in the land by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine, 50 Eggs, Inc. was founded by John Kunkel and owns and operates some of the country's most popular restaurants, including the James Beard nominated and award-winning Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. 50 Eggs Inc. is also known for creating and developing Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, the fast casual Mexican chain. Kunkel, along with his 50 Eggs team, is focused on developing cutting-edge brands with unparalleled dining experiences.
Our Core Values:
* Passion - a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something
* Flexibility - the quality of bending easily without breaking
* Hospitality - the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors or strangers
* Loyalty - a strong feeling of support or allegiance
* Work Ethic - the principal that hard work is intrinsically virtuous or worth of reward
Lenox Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, US Miami Beach,FL 33139 USA