Bilingual Teaching Specialist
Yancy Life Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bilingual Teaching Specialist (Onsite)
Make life changing impact with a contract schedule!
A Day in the Life
There is a fire from deep within that drives you to impact the lives and forever change the trajectory of today’s underserved youth. As a Bilingual Teaching Specialist with A Yancy Life, you will be a life vest for bilingual students as they look for stability navigating language barriers while pursuing the uplifting effects of education. In partnership with full-time classroom teachers, your targeted efforts during the school day will equip these students with the support needed to understand English, comprehend their studies and successfully pass standardized tests.
Making an Impact
· Fluently speak both academic English and Spanish to effectively communicate and successfully build comprehension in English.
· Educate students to use proper grammar including verb tense and complex sentence structure.
· Build deep comprehension through literary analysis of ideas, point of view, tone, plot development, etc. while reading in English.
· Prepare students to successfully articulate their comprehension, ideas and opinions in properly organized essays and drafts in English.
· Lead excellent, engaging academic instruction in sessions ranging from one-on-one to upwards of six to eight students.
· Build report and work collaboratively with full-time instructional staff to adapt your approach and mold the lesson plan to the individualized needs of the students.
You’ll Be Successful
· You are willing to see the potential in every student, have the empathy and grit to meet them where they are and guide them toward deeper language fluency and higher academic performance.
· Available to work 26-36 hours per week for quality pay ($18 - $28 an hour based on experience and qualifications).
· Have at least one year of experience delivering academic instruction; two years preferred.
· Superior grasp of foundational Math, Science and Language Arts and the excelling ability to communicate these ideas and concepts in Spanish and English.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; specific discipline not required.
· Teacher or ESL Certification preferred.
· Immediate start opportunities.
Who is Yancy Life?
Established as a 501(c)(3) in 2003, Yancy Life believes that lasting change starts with individualized impact on students growing up in underserved communities. We create opportunities for full-time, part-time and contract employees to give back to the sa me communities they were once from and the same children they once were. With quality pay and flexible schedules to fit your personal and family needs, join our cause to foster excellent educational enrichment and extracurricular activities for all students grades 1st through 12th.
Related keywords: teacher, educator, social services, public health, tutorials
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AND A CONTACTLESS TEMPERATURE SCREENING WILL BE CONDUCTED PRIOR TO ENTRY.
Yancy LifeWhy Work Here?
Help Build Our Communities, One Life at a Time!
Yancy Life received its 501(c) (3) on January 23, 2003, making it a publicly funded organization. The organization serves as a premier outlet for youth extra curricular activities serving students from grades 1st through 12th. The organization will offer various enrichment programs to its participants. These programs include: Step Team, Aerobics (for Parents), Arts and Crafts, B. A. M. (male mentoring / etiquette), Chess Club, Computer Literacy (for Adults, and Students), Science / Robotics, Dance, Drum line, ESL Workshops, F. A. M. E (female mentoring / etiquette), Homework Club, Gardening, Journalism, Keyboarding, Media and Technology, Photography, Self-Defense, Special Events, Sports Clinics, and STAAR Tutorials.
BusinessView all jobs at Yancy Life