MUST SPEAK SPANISH AND ENGLISH FLUENTLY.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) tutorials will be approximately M-F multiple 7 hour shifts between the hours of 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
The Bilingual Instructional Specialists will take an active part in developing each student’s academic abilities. Instructional Specialists will provide academic tutorials and academic support to students on campus during the school day. Yancy Life Instructional Specialists will support the schools instructional program with the flexibility to adapt teaching methods and motivational strategies to fit individual students as well as campus needs.
The Instructional Specialist will have student caseloads of low-performing students to monitor and track (model very similar to what is used with Special Education students).
Summary of essential job functions:
• Provide instruction in Math, Science, Reading, or Writing.
• Provide instruction in small groups, individual, or push-in as established by campus need.
• Provide instruction to 1-8 students per session.
• The Instructional Specialist must group students based on guidelines defined by campus or Yancy Life.
• The Instructional Specialist must make sure identified students are coming to tutorial sessions.
• The Instructional Specialist must be engaged with students throughout the entire tutorial session.
• The Instructional Specialist must keep accurate daily attendance of students receiving services.
• The Instructional Specialist must maintain an accurate log of student progress and development.
• The Instructional Specialist must review testing data to support instructional content being delivered.
• The Instructional Specialist must prepare materials and/or mini-lessons to be delivered to students based on needs identified by assessments or campus staff.
Yancy Life received its 501(c) (3) on January 23, 2003, making it a publicly funded organization. The organization serves as a premier outlet for youth extra curricular activities serving students from grades 1st through 12th.
All Grade Levels
Open for Applications: 11/19/2019
Interview Sessions Conducted: 11/19/2019 – Until Filled
Bachelors Degree: Up to $18.50
Masters Degree $18.50 - $23.50
Certified Teachers $25.00 - Negotiable
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract