Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Heavy Equipment Diesel Technician, you will be diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of the diesel heavy engines including, but not limited to construction equipment.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and locate mechanical deficiencies on heavy equipment diesel engines and components.
- Repair and/or replace all components of light and heavy frame assemblies, suspension systems drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Determine extent of necessary repairs including identifying major engine and transmission overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
- Tune up engines; diagnose computer controls, modules and air conditioning components using diagnostic equipment.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Complete all documentation (work orders, parts orders, inspections, warranty support, comments and time sheets) in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all work in accordance with established time, quality standards and safety procedures.
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to take direction and work in a team environment is essential to this position as well.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals; work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and keep required records.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret technical information- schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Skilled in ‘Basic’ computer applications including email and internet usage.
- The ability to communicate through email- sending & receiving notes, attachments.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and communicate technical information.
- Ability to write service reports that effectively communicate required information in an understandable (clear and concise) and useable method.
- Ability to ask and properly respond to questions from customers and supervisors.
- Course work from accredited trade school, college or university with emphasis in mechanics, hydraulics, and automotive electronics is desirable.
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros. Co. offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Compensation: $35,000-$110,000 per year, contingent upon experience.
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities