Loan Supervisor oversees a team of Loan Processors/Funders to ensure that new loan packages are reviewed and processed according to established policies, procedures and service level expectations.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Loan Supervisor to join our Finance team in Cypress, CA. The Loan Supervisor oversees a team of Loan Processors/Funders to ensure that new loan packages are reviewed and processed according to established policies, procedures and service level expectations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, develop, coach, and motivate direct reports to ensure overall funding volume, quality, and customer service standards are met.
- Provide review and guidance to credit and funding team members on problem loans requiring funding exceptions.
- Ensure the efficiencies of department operations by setting and coordinating work schedules, enhancing, and monitoring workloads, and managing team members' priorities.
- Train and develop Loan Processors/Funders.
- Handle escalated calls from dealers and manage interactions with field sales to drive quality and service improvements across the dealer network.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach by performing funding activity and completing verifications (e.g., POI, VOE, Customer Interview) during high volume or short-staffed situations.
- Manage projects within the Dealer Service Center.
- Perform related duties as needed.
- BA / BS degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory /managerial experience required.
- Must have experience leading a team in a fast-paced productions environment.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with indirect lending installment loan documentation, verification processes and / or underwriting experience in a consumer finance/bank environment is required.
- Must possess strong problem solving, organizational, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well in a team setting and take on a leadership role.
- Must relate well with others and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have ability to work flexible/extended hours and weekends.
Reports to: Sr. Group Manager, Operations.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.