Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Provide service to existing clients related to updating policies, providing quotes, taking payments, answering questions, providing documentation.
- Answer customer calls and correspondence regarding new or existing insurance policies and service all claims which include regular and after-hour claims.
- Work with new clients or support a producer in an effort to understand their needs, gather necessary data, research policy options, present options, finalize and bind new coverage, cancel old policies, and negotiate with carriers when necessary.
- Set appointments and/or client calls or support a producer to review existing policies, review liability limits and exposures, explore other coverage needs, evaluate replacement costs, round out accounts, and bind renewals.
- Confer with customers to provide detailed information about products and services, quote new business, process renewals and/or cancel accounts, take payments, and provide requested documentation.
- Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer's concern, determining the cause of the issue, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Review audits or policies; verify accuracy and facilitate corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in the agency management system.
- Collaborate with team members, mentor staff, provide expertise and answer questions, and participate in formal and informal meetings as needed.
- Hold the insurance license required by your state and have a minimum of one year insurance account management experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of insurance products and usages, rating procedures, underwriting procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned clients and prospects.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and an excellent phone manner; display strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent math and reading skills to perform calculations.
- Possess a sense of urgency, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, and follow-up skills, and the ability to handle difficult situations with customers and solve complex problems without direct supervision.
- Have excellent time management skills with a personal accountability mindset as well as technology and computer proficiency, including agency management systems, rating tools, and carrier website navigation.
- Salary + Commission & Bonus Potential
- Vacation Time / Sick Time / Holidays
- Medical, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401K with match
- Professional Development
- Job Stability in a growing industry
This agency is independently owned and operated. Your application will go directly to the agency, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this agency. All inquiries about employment at this agency should be made directly to the location, and not to the Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois Association.
Yaekel-Associates Ins. Service, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Yaekel-Associates Ins. Service, Inc.