Assistant Executive Steward
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel Highland, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Under the direction of the Executive Steward, the Assistant Executive Steward is responsible for the supervision of the Steward Department staff in daily overall operations including scheduling, supervising, and coordinating respective shifts; assists the Executive Steward with hiring and training of Supervisors and Stewarding/Utility Worker staff. Must have the ability to perform the duties of the Executive Steward in his/her absence. Assists with the maintenance, procures and repairs for all kitchen equipment, cooking equipment, scullery, cleaning supplies and equipment. Assists with monitoring and maintaining all BOH facilities and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in monitoring, maintaining and supervising all aspects of stewarding department.
- Schedule Supervisory stewarding staff within budgeted labor cost; prior to submittal of vacation requests must ensure that staffing levels are met without any additional labor hours added prior to submitting request to the Executive Steward for approval.
- Assists Executive Steward to ensures safe working conditions are in place at all times in BOH operations; Investigate and report all stewarding employee injuries or accidents according to policy.
- Assists in monitoring all BOH areas to ensure Health Department, Gaming, Casino, IHS, FDA and OSHA codes & policies are followed at all times; Reports any violation(s) of codes and policies immediately upon discovery; Assist Executive Steward in perpetration of all Gaming, I.H.S. and all other inspections.
- Follow up on all cited issues from any inspection to assure all issues are rectified in a timely manner.
- Assists in monitoring and auditing all venue daily shift inspection to ensure all venues are in compliance with casino inspection policies.
- Assists in maintaining F&B policy manuals to ensure compliance.
- Maintains records required for the efficient operation of the department. This would include work orders submitting and logging in addition ensures that all supervisory staff
- Assist’s Executive Steward in working with equipment vendors, janitorial & cleaning supplies and facilities maintenance & repair companies to ensure all areas of F&B operations are functioning properly and fully equipped at all times
- Ensure that all maintenance and repairs to machinery are conducted per warranty/ manufacturer's specifications, maintaining accurate documentation of all service repairs.
- Prepare contingency plans for equipment which cannot be repaired immediately.
- Assists Executive Steward with planning and preparation of annual budget and capital expense requests.
- Establish pars for china, glass, flatware, utensils, linen and small equipment; reorder as required.
- Responsible for storage, requisitioning, inventory, and purchasing of all materials and equipment assigned to the stewarding department.
- Assist with Banquet plate-ups and buffet by transporting and ensuring adequate stock.
- Assist in the location, movement and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Helps conducts training programs for stewarding personnel.
- Counsel, guide and instruct personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Recommends changes including hiring, promotion, demotion and release of personnel.
- In conjunction with
- Recommends wage and salary adjustments for personnel within established limits.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record and be at workstation at scheduled time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
- Report any injuries, accidents or possible unsafe work environment issues to management immediately when identified, at all times.
- Perform any job responsibilities and or tasks, deemed necessary by the Executive Steward and Executive Chef, within the scope of this position and business needs of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Prepares employee for promotion. Encourages cross training.
- Associates Degree or equivalent culinary certification required.
- Minimum five (5) years of Food Service Industry experience with three (3) years in a supervisory capacity required; Gaming Industry experience in a resort setting highly preferred.
- Must have experience working in a high-volume, multi-unit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) is required.
- Must possess an intermediate understanding in Kitchen operations, F&B equipment, kitchen facilities maintenance & repair, janitorial operations and Food Service & production operations
- Must be familiar with Health, Hospitality, FDA, IHS and OSHA regulations and codes in regards to all aspects of Food & Beverage operations.
- Knowledge of P & L statements and budget.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
- Must be able to work closely with all phases of management.
- Must have understanding of pest elimination.
- Possess intermediate skill level in hands –on training of staff.
- Experience in all phases of banquets from setup to breakdown preferred.
- Must be creative in displaying tables.
- Ability to administer direct supervision of assigned staff, flexible, patient, understanding, fair and firm.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San ManuelWhy Work Here?
Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM
Yaamava', formerly known as San Manuel Casino, is all slots, all table games, all dining, all entertainment, and most importantly...#AllThrill. Working on the casino floor, you’re representing Yaamava' to every guest you encounter. Or you’re working “behind the scenes”, as a team member supporting one of the country’s most successful gaming operations.