Accounting Operations Manager
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel Highland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Casino Accounting Department’s Manager of Operations is responsible for all areas relating to revenue reporting and is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures (to ensure accurate recording), and verifying, allocating and posting of revenue transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and established policies and procedures. The Manager of Operations directly supervises the Audit Supervisor(s) and indirectly supervises the Audit Team. The Manager of Operations is responsible for managing the team to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Manager of Operations creates and addresses strict deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including revenue reconciliations, audit preparation and the oversight of the team’s compliance with Nation Indian Gaming Commission’s Minimum Internal Control Standard (NIGC’s MICS) and the San Manuel Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR) requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reviews and recommends improvements to Accounting function of identified support operations i.e. Hotel, Spa, Retail, F&B, Entertainment, Valet, etc. Works closely with other Managers of Operations in regards to all other audits. Oversees Department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Works with Audit management group to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of the revenue journals within deadlines set by upper management. Obtains and demonstrates a thorough understanding of state and federal regulations. Monitors appropriate solutions to enhance and integrate with other Financial, Operational, and Information Technology audits.
2. Responds to inquiries from Controller of Operations, Vice President of Accounting and managers enterprise-wide regarding revenue performance and flow. Works with Controller of Operations to coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors/Gaming Commission and regulators to respond to schedule requests related to operations.
3. Monitors direction of Audit management group, and assists in overseeing Audit function of Accounting to ensure day-to-day operations of revenue cycle is audited and analyzed. Responsible for overall development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow of Department. Advises Controller of Operations on progress to enhance professional development of Audit Team. Oversees coaching and mentoring of Audit management group and Audit Team to implement goals and objectives for each year.
4. Responsible for maintaining exceptional, constant, and effective communication with other departments regarding changes in day-to-day operation. Supports management group by ensuring necessary tools are available to complete daily tasks. Collaborates with other department managers to support overall departmental goals and objectives.
5. Responsible for managing any new or significant projects through project life cycle within set timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating efforts of team members, other Casino departments, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Defines projects’ objectives and oversees project quality throughout its life cycle.
6. Supports Controller of Operations with special projects and workflow process improvements.
7. Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine revenue transactions. Enhances and maintains open, comprehensive, and effective communication between all Audit Team members.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Business degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university preferred).
- MBA degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years hotel audit experience required.
- Training in Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to private information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or customers.
- Knowledge of Title 31 Banking Secrecy Act Regulations preferred
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be independent and must not have any direct relatives associated in the functioning of the gaming operations and/or gaming activities.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, database software and casino Operating Systems preferred.
- Must possess advanced computer skills and advanced user level proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, with an emphasis on Excel.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San ManuelWhy Work Here?
Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM
Yaamava', formerly known as San Manuel Casino, is all slots, all table games, all dining, all entertainment, and most importantly...#AllThrill. Working on the casino floor, you’re representing Yaamava' to every guest you encounter. Or you’re working “behind the scenes”, as a team member supporting one of the country’s most successful gaming operations.
777 San Manuel Blvd.Highland, CA
Finance and Insurance