Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education? Do you want the opportunity to further a child's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth while acting in a supportive and resourceful role to parents? Then we have a teaching position that is perfect for you....
Join the YWCA Head Start Program as a Teacher, You will have the opportunity to:
1. Develop and implement developmentally appropriate activities on a daily basis.
2. Create learning environments in the classroom and outside for young children which promote experimentation and exploration.
3. Facilitate and assist children in developing positive relationships that support a caring community within the classroom,
4. Communicate effectively with parents in promoting parental involvement in their child's early learning experience.
5. Update and maintain records on all children enrolled in the classroom.
Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of early childhood development and education
knowledge of early childhood classroom management and organizational skills
Required Skills or Abilities:
Ability to develop and implement developmentally appropriate learning experiences for young children
Ability to communicate effectively with parents and including them in their child's learning process.
Organizational skills that facilitate quality service for children and families
Ability to lift 40 lbs.
A bachelor's or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education or a bachelor's degree or advanced degree in a related field and 10+ classes in ECE (Early Childhood Education)
We offer full time benefits; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD/STD, 403B, Vacation, Sick and tuition assistance.