Geotechnical Supervising Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
YU & Associates, Inc., an awarding wining engineering firm located in Elmwood Park, New Jersey is seeking a Supervising Project Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will manage aspects of important projects including proposal development, budget, project execution, scheduling and client communications. Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Master's preferred) and a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of New York required;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-discipline projects and utilize technical support staff;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, must possess the desire to develop new clients and expand the services of existing clients while maintaining strong billability;
- Record and report all work performed, including deviations from approved work plans, contract documents, poor quality of work, unforeseen conditions, unsafe conditions, etc.;
- Interface with Senior Inspector to maintain and track various logs, reports and field records for the designated area of responsibility;
- Monitor the contractor’s timely execution and quality of work;
- Interact with contractor’s superintendent for on-site resolution of construction issues;
- Review and proof contractor submittals and respond to RFIs
- Prepare proposal cost estimates, technical approach and scope of work write-ups
- Perform review of responses to RFPs for project subcontracts, materials and equipment;
- Prepare thorough documentation of site activities, monitor project schedules and subcontractor performance and correct issues when needed.
- Assist with preparing project reports, correspondence and cost tracking/status;
- Provide technical assistance to engineering oversight staff as required.
- Experience in managing large field programs as a team leader is a plus;
- Geotechnical analytical and design experience;
- Technical report writing skills;
- Project and safety management;
- Field documentation skills;
- Excellent reading, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Field and office assignments, as required.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short, and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401k retirement plan.
YU & Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer fully committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices. No employee or applicant for employment is discriminated against because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional preference, sexual orientation, sex, ancestry or national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or domestic status, veteran status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or testing, or any other legally protected category in all employment decisions.
We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our employees can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued to meet our common goals.
Powered by JazzHR
YU & ASSOCIATES INC
AddressElmwood Park, NJ
ScienceView all jobs at YU & ASSOCIATES INC