The Pricing Analyst I supports the analysis and development of customer specific pricing and yield improvement strategies that maximize revenue and profit. Assists in the analysis of bids, opportunities and annual contract rate renewals. Contributes to ensuring pricing strategies are aligned with the strategic direction of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate daily pricing implementation activities and processes.
- Make pricing decisions within established guidelines and parameters and under the direct supervision of a Pricing Manager.
- Perform high level analyses, including account-specific revenue and profitability, historical trends, root cause analysis etc., make recommendations based on results and effectively communicate both results and recommendations.
- Partner with internal and external customers to identify opportunities, problem resolution and process improvement.
- Measure and monitor revenue yield results of strategic and tactical pricing decisions.
- Retrieve and interpret customer pricing agreements.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of profit improvement strategies. Conduct analysis of competitor base rates to identify potential areas of opportunity for pricing adjustments.
- Support communication and awareness efforts to create and maintain organizational discipline around pricing and mix management strategies.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational background or work experience.
- Analytical, organizational, decision making and problem solving skills required.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience deriving business conclusions from large data sets
- Ability to build data models in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with writing VBA macros
- Microsoft Access and programming languages such as HTML, VBA or SQL.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer