The Office Specialist will perform various office support and administrative functions for the Operations/Facility Manager and their management staff. Support the functions of the office through various tasks and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform clerical/administrative assignments in accordance with established procedures and under general instruction.
2. Update and maintain all labor and discipline records.
3. Review and maintain various reports and ensure proper authorization for company functions and purchases are obtained.
4. Coordinate the production, distribution, and communication of all safety-related reports and maintenance of safety-related records.
5. Assist in the administration and office support functions by maintaining office records, personnel files and answering routine questions about company policy.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
3. Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * *
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Experience in the transportation industry.
- YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Title: Office Specialist
Requisition ID: 1904EK