YRC Freight Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: July 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mechanic will perform skilled repair and maintenance of transportation vehicles and dock equipment; inspect motorized and mechanical equipment; maintain inventory; and diagnose problems and determine the extent of necessary repairs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair, adjust and overhaul a wide variety of diesel and gasoline engines in transportation vehicles and dock equipment.
- Comply with all company policies, local work and safety rules, as well as federal, state, and local regulations that govern the industry. Perform the required paperwork and/or computer records accordingly.
- Inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines including drive lines, transmissions, brake systems, clutches, and steering assemblies.
- Repair or replace ignition parts, diesel injectors and carburetors. Replace faulty parts including wheel bearings, shock absorbers, oil seals, emission systems, exhaust systems, generators, distributors, lights and switches.
- Perform routine servicing, lubricating, and greasing of vehicles.
- Perform electronic diagnostics and troubleshoot electrical systems; repair and replace faulty components including wiring.
- Use welding equipment to fabricate, rebuild and strengthen various equipment parts.
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of fluids, parts, and equipment, and perform some physical plant maintenance.
- Remove, repair, and mount tires and maintain the tire inventory.
- Perform pre-trip equipment inspections, including ensuring that permits are valid and units are clean and fueled.
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training requirements.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in equipment maintenance.
- Mechanical background with a basic knowledge of equipment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
AutomotiveView all jobs at YRC Freight