Class A CDL Road Driver
YRC Freight Carlisle, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Linehaul/Road Driver, you’ll be responsible for safely driving trucks and cargo trailers to and from specific long-distance destinations (terminal to terminal). You will also enjoy great home time and 100% no-touch freight. YRC Freight is a terminal-to-terminal operation so you’ll never drop off at a customer site and for non-sleeper teams, you’ll sleep in a company-paid hotel for overnights. Experience the YRC Freight difference and apply now!
· Competitive pay based on union scale
· 100% Company Paid Insurance for you and your family!
· Paid Overtime
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Time
· 401k Retirement Plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operating a tractor-trailer (single, double, or triple trailer combination) in various driving environments and weather conditions between company facilities
· Driving for extended periods of time
· Maintaining truck electronic logging device (ELD) logs according to state and federal regulations
· Pre-trip and post-trip inspections of tractor/trailer(s) and when stopped en route
· Dropping and hooking trailer(s) and changing equipment configurations as necessary
· 21 years of age or older
· Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple, Tanker and Hazardous Material endorsements
· One year of tractor-trailer driving experience
· A safe driving record per MVR
· Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading
· Work various shifts and days of the week
You can also go to Drive4YRC.com for this position and other opportunities throughout the company.
Call 1-877-249-2271 to speak to a recruiter now.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
YRC FreightWhy Work Here?
YRC Freight drivers enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the industry—hands down. 100% paid benefits for you and your family!
With more than 28,000 employees, YRC Freight is the largest operating unit of Overland Park, Kansas–based YELLOW, and one of the largest trucking companies in the United States. Being one of the largest isn’t what makes YRC Freight a great company to work for. With a reputation for competitive pay and benefits in the LTL freight industry, there are many reasons to consider working with us. Five reasons YRC Freight attracts the best drivers on the road 100% Company-paid health care benefits and vacation time. All equipment is provided and maintained by the Company. Daily dispatches with minimum time away from home. Union contract pay rates: first year road driver can earn up to $60,000, and city drivers can earn an average of over $20 per hour. YRC Freight is the only LTL freight company that pays road drivers hourly in case of load delays or breakdowns. Safety is a first priority at YRC Freight We maintain a safe fleet of approximately 8,400 Company-owned tractors and 34,500 trailers. We have 12,000 48’ and 53’ vans, and more than 20,400 28’ trailers. When you drive for YRC Freight, you’re among skilled, professional drivers ranked some the safest in our industry. Our drivers are involved in: National Truck Driving Championship America’s Road Team Safe Driver Awards (million milers, accident-free all stars) Driver Hall of Fame Diversity matters We believe hiring people with varied characteristics builds a stronger workforce. The YRC Freight commitment to diversity lets everyone reach his or her full potential in our organization. YRC Freight hosts “Diversity Days” at many of our terminals from coast-to-coast. These activities help to build community. We invite agencies, such as universities, chambers of commerce, diversity organizations, local and state employment agencies and area Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission representatives. Women in Trucking Partnership YRC Freight works in partnership with Women in Trucking (WIT), an organization that promotes women’s employment in our industry, to expand recruiting programs and to reach out to truck stop owners on interstate highways to encourage more female-friendly environments.
100 Roadway DriveCarlisle, PA
Transportation and Storage