Social Media Senior Producer - Virtual/Remote
YR Media Bellevue, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Holiday / Overtime pay, Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
- Execute on content strategy and publishing schedules for YR Media social and brand platforms, inclusive (but not limited to) of: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Manage daily communications and ongoing marketing campaigns
- Help create original social content including videos, graphics, animations and audiograms.
- Assist content and development teams with insights, upfront targeting, and overall improvement of campaign performance.
- Work with Director of Communications to set up social media guidelines for YR Media
- Maintain consistent communication practices across all social media platforms and help establish best practices.
- Moderate viewer/user comments across all social channels to foster a community of healthy discussion that stays true to YR Media.
- Work closely and collaboratively with content producers and the creative department to develop social content that authentically represents YR Media.
- Implement initiatives to grow audiences across social, increase engagement, and meet aggressive short-term and long-lead KPIs.
- In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned and required.
You should have:
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant professional experience. Experience with social media and emerging platforms, and experience integrating varied channels into strategy is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- Excellent written editing skills, including copy editing/writing and fact-checking.
- Experience with, and desire to learn more about, paid social buying tools like Facebook AdsManager.
- News judgement and/or experience working as a journalist or within a media organization
- Knowledge of data analytics to allow measurement of online performance.
- Be able to work with tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Creative, engaging, quick-thinking.
- Knowledgeable of Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects.
- Experience using various social media data collection tools.
- Previous experience in managing daily communications and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Familiarity with content strategy and community strategy.
5+ years experience in social media and emerging platforms
5+ years experience with paid social buying tools like Facebook AdsManager.
3+ years experience in daily communications and managing marketing campaigns
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
BusinessView all jobs at YR Media