Social Justice Editor/Producer - Virtual/Remote
YR Media Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Holiday / Overtime pay, Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
- Assigning stories and editing the work of youth contributors
- On occasion, write and frame stories for a digital audience
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
- React to developing or trending news
- The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
- Identifying and recruiting new voices that fit YR Media’s model by working with our growing national database of content producers
- Working across departments, including with our Video and Music teams, to develop compelling content in your vertical
- An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting to young audiences on all platforms
Progressive journalism experience
Extensive knowledge of AP style
Excellent research, writing and social media skills
Understanding of SEO
Multi-media production and editorial skills
Solid contacts in the industry
Lift up to 25 pounds
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at YR Media