Media Asset Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Media Asset Manager will lead the assessment, implementation and execution of YR Media’s digital & analogue collection.
The Media Asset Manager will be responsible for YR Media’s digital asset management and content management systems, they will design the implementation and management of YR Media’s unstructured data. The role includes the assessment of digital assets, content servers, tools and platforms. This unique role will work with a wide range of media formats that will include leading analogue to digital conversions, reformatting, and archival processes. This position will develop media data production plans for individual departments and cross organizational that includes access, utility and best practices. This role is excellent for an individual who wants to develop and design an archive and active asset production system.
You will be working with the technology team at YR Media to coordinate with content producing areas to implement media and information management processes. This includes evaluating aspects of an existing system for content and investigating emerging processes. This role will be responsible for building and maintaining close working relationships with production colleagues and external collaborators in order to provide effective, highly regarded services.
This is a full time position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
Flexible work schedule, Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays, Short Term Disability Benefits, Holiday / Overtime pay
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
- Research, plan, organize and build DAM/s and content management systems.
- Collaborate with key partners on data governance, metadata standards and maintaining standard methodologies for digital assets.
- Create workflows for accessing media content.
- Evaluate software tools for production with DAM/s CRM/s.
- Partner with departments for production guidelines.
- Serve as a key resource to producers and designers on the asset production and management process.
- Collect and convert non-digitized data - tape, CDs, scanning articles & photos.
- Collaborate with all departments to define and manage goals, scope, specific deliverables and scheduling needs.
- Educate, train, and follow up with internal teams to ensure successful use of the DAM.
- Continuously research and deploy best practices for the organization.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of experience in an asset management production role.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with full project lifecycles, from concept to delivery.
- Experience in Google Docs, Sheets, and other project planning and tracking applications.
- Experience using media asset management systems and servers, managing content and metadata, or other relevant information management experience.
- Working knowledge of SEO & Meta data practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of copyright, digital rights and DMAC.
- Personable, professional, patient demeanor to interface with staff and youth of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be conversant with DE&I practice.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to our mission; works above and beyond.
- Strong interest in planning, building and refining how unstructured data is stored and accessed.
- Librarianship, archival or a higher education qualification closely related to media data management.
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML and XML.
- Experience working with media or media production.
- Audio or video editing skills.
- Non-profit experience.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to occasionally lift 25 pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet. Approximately 90% of the time spent on the job involves use of a monitor; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods.
Accept a background check to be performed
Lift up to 25 pounds
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Knowledge in: Project Management
Knowledge in: Google
Knowledge in: SEO
Knowledge in: DMAC
Knowledge in: Metadata
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
1701 BroadwayOakland, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at YR Media