Finance Manager - Virtual/Remote
YR Media Lafayette, LA
- Posted: 23 days ago
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Holiday / Overtime pay, Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
- Direct, manage, coordinate, and review all accounting functions, with special attention to grants management allocations and staff allocations
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity in financial reports, including compliance with GAAP, HRSA-BPHC and regulatory requirements; stay abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practices
- Under the direction of the CFAO, design and produce timely and accurate financial reports for different stakeholders, including internal department managers, the board of directors and the Executive Leadership
- Manage month-end and annual closings, and ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Perform bank reconciliations for CFAO to approve
- Approve credit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Work cross functionally with all departments to ensure senior managers have accurate information to manage their components of the business. Support other departments with financial information, including grant applications and reporting.
- Complete preliminary interim and final financial grant reports for CFAO review; submit reports to grantors after approval
- Project and manage agency weekly cash flow
- Coordinate and lead all audit activities, including annual financial and contract audits, timely filing of all required returns, licenses, permits and other statutory filings
- Interact effectively with financial vendors, including banking services, payroll and auditors, in order to maximize our use of their services
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, including leading the conversion to a fully integrated budget reporting system and paperless accounting optimizing Blackbaud FEN
- Review all transactions for proper account classifications and allocations
- Review and approve biweekly payroll, ensuring accuracy; be the stand-in backup for running payroll as needed
- With CFAO overseeing, conduct annual audit of financial statements; work with our auditors for the completion of the 990
- Develop, mentor, and train accounting team members. Develop goals, suggest performance appraisals, and provide guidance and feedback
- Partner with the IT team to identify and implement technology solutions and drive towards automation
- Draft, implement, and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Educate and monitor agency staff to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned and required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Continuous experience in managing complex fiscal and accounting processes a MUST
- Able to work with a diverse team
- Non-profit experience a MUST
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
- Advanced working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge NXT and Quickbooks for Nonprofits
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now payroll system (cost centers, labor charge fields, allocations), in particular timesheet allocations
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to detect numerical errors, and spelling errors
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related, or proven professional training demonstrating suitability for this role; CPA strongly preferred
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Lift up to 25 pounds
Accept a background check to be performed
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Knowledge in: ADP Workforce now
Knowledge in: Excel
Knowledge in: Finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
Knowledge in: Non Profit Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at YR Media