Education Project Director - Virtual/Remote
YR Media Anchorage, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a full time position reporting to the Innovation Lab Founder and Special Projects Producer.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Holiday / Overtime pay, Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays
YR Media, formerly Youth Radio, is an award-winning national network of diverse young journalists and artists from underrepresented communities who create content for this generation. Headquartered in downtown Oakland, California, our non-profit has spent 25 years helping future generations build crucial skills in journalism, arts and media. We produce journalism, music, graphic design, podcasts and documentaries that disrupt and shape the mainstream narrative. Current and recent university partners in tech include MIT, University of Washington and Stanford D-School. In addition to our own dynamic platforms, our content runs on sites including NPR, KQED, WNYC and Pop Sugar.
- Create assets: digital learning resources, workshops, and technical assistance for YR Media participants, partners and educators, expanding educator engagement and impact
- Project-manage all funded research deliverables
- Build Teach YR strategy aligned with YR Media mission and integrated with its programs, including development and implementation of a plan for sustainability and growth
- Plan and carry out research activities (focus groups, interviews, observations, analysis) and produce reports
- Serve as point-person with external evaluator and university partners, including management of IRB administration and shared deliverables
- Participate in public-facing events and outputs (presentations, publications)
- Develop clear, realistic plans for implementation of new projects including staffing, development cycles, and metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years working in media education and/or research
- Formal training and proven track record in qualitative research methods and ethics (quantitative methods a plus)
- Deep knowledge of best practices in digital learning and youth-centered education
- Experience tracking and reporting activity, including to national funders, academic and public audiences
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Enthusiastic ability to build partnerships and new strategic opportunities
- Experience with learning event planning (webinars, digital engagements, live events that offer professional development opportunities for both youth and educators)
- Experience producing and distributing highly engaging digital learning tools and building community around them
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage and motivate people
- Outstanding written , visual and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
5+ years working in media education and/or research
5+ years Project Management experience
Proven track record in qualitative research methods and ethics (quantitative methods a plus)
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.