This is a Part time, remote job working 20-25hrs/wk.
Paid sick leave, Flexible work schedule
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops deep understanding of YR Media’s program content to ensure integrity, alignment and quality of proposal writing
- Coordinates, researches, writes, edits and generates timely submissions of grant proposals, applications to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders in conjunction with the Director for Institutional Giving
- Prioritizes projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meets deadlines and manages supplemental material required for proposals.
- Research new funding and grant opportunities that may be appropriate for YR and present findings to the Director of Institutional Giving.
- Assembles grant requests, including letters, proposals, and presentations
- Provides writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned and required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience developing and writing proposals.
- Proven track record of securing institutional gifts at the $50,000 level and above. Experience writing grants for national and government opportunities strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the fields of media, youth development, and/or STEAM education is preferred.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Deadline-driven with strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors. Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and the philanthropic landscape nationally.
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Accept a background check to be performed
Minimum 3 years of professional experience developing and writing grant proposals
Experience in securing institutional gifts at the $50,000 level and above
Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
Knowledge of fundraising information sources and the philanthropic landscape nationally
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.