With an average operating budget of approximately $7M, YR Media is entering a period of significant organizational growth and needs to broaden sources of funding to expand its core operation from $10M to $12M by the end of 2022, market factors considered.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Holiday / Overtime pay, Paid holidays, Paid sick leave, Bereavement leave, Flexible work schedule, Paid vacation, Commuter Benefits, YR Holidays
YR Media is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for our generation. Based in Oakland, we link up with our peers around the country to amplify award-winning stories that matter. For more than 25 years, our non-profit production company has invested in future generations to build critical skills in journalism, arts and media. You can find us at https://yr.media/
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter into an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media.
We welcome smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.
- Deliver on annual revenue targets, planning for aggressive year-over-year increases.
- Develop and lead our revenue generation and business development strategy and efforts for both philanthropic and earned revenue
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team in decision-making, strategic planning, and goal setting for the core annual operating fund
- Manage a portfolio of at least 50 major gift prospects annually and personally solicit gifts of $10,000 and above. Oversee all ongoing development efforts, ensuring engagement with multiple income sources, both individual and institutional, including corporate.
- Help oversee the design and creation of fundraising materials, such as direct mail campaigns, Oversee the completion and submission of grant proposals.
- Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to the Development team on strategy, responsibilities, and professional development.
- Work closely with the executive team to support board members in institutional and individual fundraising,
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to advance the institutional profile of the agency and communicate fundraising goals and progress both internally and externally.
- Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps
- Establish and maintain relationships with donors, supporters and hold accountability for a high level of fiscal stewardship to contribute to continued growth.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Progressive promotion through development positions in a nonprofit institution;
- Documented success in cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding individual gifts of $10,000+ and institutional gifts of $100,000+;
- Experience planning, leading and managing development projects with success in fundraising from multiple donor channels, including setting and implementing major gift solicitation strategies and institutional application processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets;
- Working knowledge of fundraising standard for non profits;
- Ability to engage and motivate people from all backgrounds;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated experience coordinating with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Ability to develop and present powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising with the capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
Accept a background check to be performed
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
8+ years' fundraising experience Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
Minimum Bachelors Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.