- Arranges accommodations and other travel services for clients, including planning itineraries.
- Confers with clients to determine destination, mode of transportation, appropriate travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required for travel.
- Provides client with area-specific travel information such as points of interest, restaurants and special events.
- Communicates international travel procedures such as passport, visa, and inoculation requirements.
- Imparts international travel information, such as customs regulations and currency exchange rates.
- Advises on weather conditions and necessary attire to bring along.
- Researches published and online sources to analyze and evaluate times, routings, fares, car rentals, accommodation ratings, and discount programs.
- Prepares tentative plans and suitable alternatives, and closes sale by obtaining client approval.
- Computes costs of travel, accommodations, requested travel insurance coverage, and package tours.
- Uses computerized reservation and ticketing systems to book transportation and hotel reservations, and issue itineraries.
- Prints or requests transportation carrier tickets.
- Collects deposits and payment for transportation and accommodations from clients.
- Customizes individual travel packages to accommodate special needs.
- Designs, arranges, and sells tours and group packages.
- Sells promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good geographical knowledge
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Judgment and decision making