- We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Research Associate in our Oncology Drug Discovery group.
- The successful candidate will be a member of a fast-paced and interactive research group evaluating novel antisense drugs for our oncology programs.
- This position requires an individual with high proficiency in hands-on animal work as well as solid expertise in basic tissue culture and biochemistry techniques.
- Evaluation and characterization of pharmacological responses to antisense compounds in various in vitro and in vivo cancer models
- Organize and perform pre-study activities (e.g. planning, protocol development, animal and reagent ordering)
- Perform study procedures (formulations, treatments, blood collections, necropsies and tissue collection) on mice and rats
- Perform sample processing and analysis (e.g. qPCR, immunoblot and ELISA analysis on blood and tissue samples)
- Collect and analyze study data
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/MS in Cell Biology, Oncology or related discipline
- Solid experience with animal handling is imperative
- Experience with oncology disease mouse models
- Proficiency in drug administration (sc, iv, ip, oral gavage), blood collection and necropsies in rodents
- Solid experience with tissue culture techniques
- Experience with biochemistry techniques (e.g. RNA extraction, qPCR, immunoblot and ELISA)
- Knowledge of molecular and cellular biology of cancer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific findings
- Ability to be productive and thrive in a fast-paced work environment