Apply directly to:https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1538358.html
Rate of Pay: $8.72 + possible incentives
The Program Assistant will help set-up, take down and assist in running the program.
Sports programming takes place in the evenings and on the weekends. Must have a positive attitude for working with kids, be energetic, innovative, and engaging communication with parents.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
The Program Assistant must be able to ensure that the program runs smoothly, safely and that participants grow through positive interaction. Assistant must be a minimum of 16 years of age. In addition, this individual must have a good understanding of game rules and equipment required.Upon hire, must complete Intro to the Ys Cause & Culture, Y's Way to Service & Engagement, and I Hear You: Service with CARE. Within 90 days of hire, Preventing Sexual Abuse Between Young Children, Principles of Youth Development, Youth Affirmations: Distinguishing Between Praise and Encouragement, and Foundations of Listen First trainings required. Get SMART, CPR, AED and First Aid preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
This individual must familiarize themselves with YMCA rules and policies within 90 days of employment. Since this position is dealing directly with program participants and their parents, good verbal communication skills are beneficial.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The Program assistant may be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs in the form of a person or program supplies. If the individual must lift and carry more than 30 pounds they must ask for assistance from another staff member. This individual may be required to stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating physical stamina and agility.
- *Arrive before the program begins to set up equipment and a safety inspection.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Follow all safety standards and personal policy set by the YMCA.
- *Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Keep supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment. Maintain a clean and safe appearance of the field and storage room at all times.
- Always be enthusiastic and positive when working with players, coaches and parents.
- Always wear the YMCA staff shirt, name tag, and SMART pin and appropriate athletic attire.
- Follow the instructions of your supervisor. Communicate with other staff members.
- *Report all incidents or accidents to supervisor
- *Role model SMART
Key Leadership Competencies:
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
YMCA of the Suncoast