MAQ - Personal Trainer
- Posted: December 07, 2022
- $20 Hourly
Perks of working at the Y!
- Free individual YMCA membership! Discounts on programs
- Child Care discount 25% (must work min 20 hrs/week to qualify); Summer Camp discounts
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Program
- Y Retirement Fund: Y pays 12% after employee meets eligibility requirements
- Eligible to participate in 403B savings account through Y Retirement Fund
- Tuition Assistance
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedules
- Career Development
PAY RATE: $20.00/hr
The Personal Trainer provides an enjoyable, high quality and safe exercise prescription to YMCA members and program participants.
1. Serve as role model to members and Y staff and, at all times live the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA movement.
2. Assist in creating a personal training environment while transforming MyFit participants and YMCA members into personal training clients.
3. Assist in engaging a monthly minimum goal of MyFit and personal training participants set by Program Director - Personal Training.
4. Maintain accurate records of MyFit and personal training participants according to the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley guidelines.
5. Ensure client has completed all necessary paperwork before starting training program.
6. Adhere to, model and enforces facility policies.
7. Report any accidents or member concerns to supervisor immediately and complete all incident reports as needed.
8. Return all equipment and supplies to proper location after each session and ensure clients are treating equipment properly to prevent damage, accidents and spread of disease.
9. Introduce self to members and sell yourself as a Personal Trainer. Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner when interacting with all members, program participants and other staff at all times.
10. Able to train to all abilities and provide modifications for those looking for higher/lower intensity and ensure all clients feel welcome and appreciated.
11. Maintain phone and/or email contact with clients/members.
12. Stay within scope of practice with all exercise and nutrition recommendations.
14. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
15. Adherence to all policies and procedures of the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley.
16. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency
procedures and location of emergency equipment.
17. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
18. All other duties as assigned by the Program Director -Personal Training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. National Personal Training Certification required; Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or other related field with personal training certification preferred.
2. Must possess a working knowledge of fitness trends and physical education skills.
3. Must have experience in strength training principals and general health enhancement.
4. Prior personal training/fitness/wellness and customer service experience required.
5. Must possess general health and wellness knowledge including biomechanics, anatomy, nutrition, injury prevention, cardiovascular and strength training principles, coaching skills and basic machine and facility maintenance
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to pass background check
2. CPR/First Aid/AED certification - must have prior to hire
3. YMCA Foundations of Strength Conditioning
4. YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles
5. AFAA, ACE, NSCA, NASM, or ACSM certification(s)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is expected to be able to successfully perform all physical activities necessary to perform essential and related functions of the position including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. This position is expected to be able to demonstrate all training aspects of a workout which can be described as medium to strenuous work and will vary by client. Must be able to frequently lift a minimum of 45 pounds efficiently and safely. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee will regularly be required to see at close and distant vision, have good peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of the job, the employee will primarily work indoors and regularly be exposed to moderate temperatures and perform work near moving mechanical parts (associated with physical fitness equipment). The noise level can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the usage and activity in the rooms in which they are working.
YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?