Responsible for overall cleanliness and sanitation of assigned branches as directed and assigned by the Branch Executive.
1. Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and lives the YMCA mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
2. Understand the emergency procedures and know the location of emergency equipment and exits.
3. Establish and maintain good communication with supervisor and coworkers.
4. Participate in maintaining all necessary certifications and obtaining further/advance certifications when available for personal career development.
5. Provide general custodial care such as cleaning and restocking, carpet and floor care, etc. for the entire assigned facility areas, including but not limited to, restrooms, locker rooms, offices and program areas.
6. Keep surrounding area outdoors clean.
7. Assist in snow removal or salting sidewalks and parking lots as needed.
8. Keep supervisor informed of required repairs through written and/or verbal communication.
9. Complete all tasks as assigned by supervisor on checklist or other directive each shift.
10. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
11. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
12. Adherence to all policies and procedures of the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley.
13. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency
procedures and location of emergency equipment.
14. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
15. All other duties as assigned by the Branch Executive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Some cleaning experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have the have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions and posses strong communication skills. Able to respond to critical incidents and emergency situations in a quick, efficient manner. Must have the ability to lift 50-75 pounds. Able to properly set up and stand on ladders, scaffolding and platforms. Able to work with cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, spray and aerosol forms and perform essential cleaning functions which may include, but are not limited to the following activities: reaching, performing work overhead and at ground level, climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending, working in narrow spaces, , and twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs. Able to safely operate various cleaning equipment (both motorized and non-motorized).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to loud depending upon the tasks being completed and cleaning machinery being used. This position works in a variety of environments which can include but are not limited to, office settings, gymnasiums, and outdoors.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hour
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley