Child Care Instructor
YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley Davenport, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Instructor is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of each child enrolled in the program, demonstrates leadership, shows active participation in the programs, activities, and field trips, and serves as a positive and wholesome role model to all participants and other staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Scott County Family Y.
1. Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and, at all times, live the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement and demonstrates professionalism in executing tasks.
2. Provide "extraordinary" member services and responsiveness to members needs.
3. Provide direct supervision to children assigned to your classroom as well as other program participants at all times.
4. Plan activities for children to do that meet the YMCA standards as well as meeting Creative Curriculum guidelines.
5. Prepare lesson plans that implement the necessary components in order to achieve the desired growth of each child related to their individual developmental continuums.
6. Complete with the assistance of group leaders individual developmental continuums on each child in your assigned class and then conduct parent Instructor conferences to share this information with families.
7. Participate in an annual staff evaluation by maintaining an individual portfolio to showcase accomplishments.
8. Maintains the classroom portfolio for Quality Preschool Program Standards as required for our participation in the State Wide Voluntary Preschool Program.
9. Ensures safety to all participants, including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
10. Attend all in-service trainings and staff meetings.
11. Maintain a clean and safe work site; assist custodial staff as needed to ensure a clean and safe environment.
12. Prepare incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines. Communicate to supervisor in writing, accident and discipline situations which require corrective actions. Seek guidance from supervisor in unusual circumstances.
13. Ensure licensing regulations and other quality initiatives are being met.
14. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development
efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
15. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
16. Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
17. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency
procedures and location of emergency equipment.
18. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
19. All other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director of CCFS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. CDA (or be enrolled in an approved CDA program with a completion date within two years of hire)
2. Requires a minimum of two years prior experience working in licensed child care programs or community school districts.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to pass background check
2. CPR/First Aid/AED certification*
3. Mandatory Reporter*
4. All requested YMCA of the USA certifications.
5. Must obtain a minimum of 6 hours training annually according to DHS requirements
*Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 30 days of hire. The * noted certification training programs are provided by SCFY staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit, stand and walk frequently and for long periods each day and able to lift up to 30 lbs. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms regularly. Possess the ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed to care for young children. Will frequently need to be able to see, smell and hear. Must be physically able to perform and participate in field trips as well as other physical activities of program participants.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to small children and toys. Occasionally the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and varying fitness equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the number of participants and activities occurring. This position works in a variety of environments which can include, but are not limited to, indoors, outdoors, schools and gymnasiums.
BENEFITS: As a full-time employee, the qualified candidate will receive a competitive benefit package to include major medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life/AD&D, LTD, Y Retirement (12%), paid time off and a free family membership.
PAY RATE: $10.50/hour
Job Posted by ApplicantPro