We provide job training! Free membership! 25% off programming! Advancement opportunities!
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
The YMCA of Southern Maine Casco Bay (Freeport) Branch is looking to find a personable individual to perform general maintenance which would include basic plumbing, basic electrical work, painting, preventative maintenance, floor care and repairs. Regular custodial duties and staff supervision are also an essential function of this position
20 Hours Per Week. Schedule may include evenings until 10pm and morning/day shifts on the weekends.
Under direction of the Facility Director, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the facility.
1. Ensures the adherence to facility preventative maintenance program.
2. Provides quality and timely completion of all maintenance tasks assigned.
3. Comply with all OSHA safety practices and reports unsafe conditions and situations to the Facilities Manager.
4. Maintain appropriate maintenance logs and complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
5. Adhere to Association policy in regards to monetary spending, proper completion of all paperwork including: purchase orders, supply order sheets, etc.
6. Pick up necessary parts and supplies for maintenance department.
7. Report all unresolved problems to Facilities Director.
8. Accountable for maintaining inventory for: equipment repair parts, chemicals related to pools, hot tubs, floor care, snow removal, etc.
9. Cross trained in all related areas as specified by the Facilities Director.
10. Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign within the Y community.
11. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
12. Other duties as required.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical work.
• Ability to read and write the English language.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and members.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Attention to detail with organizational skills.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
• Sound decision making skills.
• Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Ability to follow written instructions in the absence of direct supervision.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations including fractions & decimals.
YMCA of Southern Maine