We provide job training, free membership, 25% off programming including camp and childcare, and advancement opportunities.
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Responsibilities include thorough cleaning of all women's locker rooms and women's bathrooms throughout YMCA facility during operating hours. Must have a general knowledge of facility care and cleaning and be able to perform all essential functions of the job. Additionally, will need to comply with all safety procedures including the use of chemicals and equipment.
We are seeking a person to join our team who treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; and works cooperatively as a team member
1. Responsible for working with Facility Director acknowledging and responding to all member comments/facility concerns within 24 hours to ensure a high level of membership satisfaction.
2. Maintain inventory for cleaning supplies by informing director when supplies are low.
3. As needed perform custodial work in main branch and childcare center including: vacuuming, mopping, trash pickup, laundering facility towels, shower curtains, mops and rags, dusting and light maintenance as directed by the Facilities Director.
4. Daily cleaning hands-on as needed of all parts of the facilities (main branch and childcare center) including but not limited to: washing walls, windows, mirrors, baseboards, floors, showers, bathrooms, etc.
5. Maintain familiarity with MSDS locations and information and comply with all safety methods, utilizing procedures for chemical and workplace safety.
6. Comply with all OSHA safety practices including PPE’s and report unsafe conditions and situations to the Facilities Director.
7. Responsible for mentoring less experienced co-workers, including being a resource on job responsibilities, process and procedures.
8. Report any unresolved problems and facility safety concerns to the Facilities Director.
9. Fill in for co-workers as needed.
10. Comply with duties as assigned by the Director which may be subject to change based on the needs of the branch.
11. Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign within the Y community.
12. Other duties as required.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to read and write the English language.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and members.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Attention to detail with organizational skills.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
• Sound decision making skills.
• Possess basic computer skills including email and the Internet.
• Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Ability to follow written instructions in the absence of direct supervision.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations including fractions & decimals.
YMCA of Southern Maine