Member Support Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Member Support Representative
This full-time position is responsible for putting a smile J on the face of everyone who utilizes the YMCA-Rapid City Education Center. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Member Support Representative at YMCA of Rapid City maintains excellence in efficiency, accuracy and timeliness with program business practices and for providing friendly, professional, and extraordinary customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- To develop a continually increasing standard of excellence as directed the Chief Financial Officer in accordance with YMCA goals and policies.
- Conduct receipting practices with the highest of integrity, ensuring that all receipting is in accordance with that which is established by the YMCA business office.
- Answer the phone in a friendly, professional manner within three rings and promptly transfer calls and deliver phone messages.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and well-organized registration area.
- Assist current and new members with childcare, afterschool, camp, and membership registrations.
- Maintain accuracy in data entry.
- Assistance in maintaining child information files to be in accordance with YMCA policies.
- Create and/or proof all daily, weekly, and monthly rosters, menus and attendance sheets and submit each document to the appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members, and staff such as friendliness and courtesy.
- Ensures that all policies are followed, and essential functions are carried out and conducted in such a manner that meets the YMCA mission. This includes refraining from public activities that are deemed to be contrary to the YMCA mission.
- Ensure that every inquiry is answered accurately or directed to the proper source.
- Provide leadership that supports the YMCA Culture of friendliness, compassion, and fantastic customer service.
- Accurately print, review, and prepare membership renewal statement by the 10th of the month before memberships are due to expire.
- Print monthly statements and assess late charges or cancel memberships as needed at the beginning of the month.
- Maintain a working knowledge of leadership team members and the resources each has to offer for information and problem resolution.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency procedures in such a way that immediate response will be given.
- Provide administrative assistance as requested such as mailing, communications, filing, data entry, and copying.
- The position may not be limited to duties as given in this description. Other duties may be assigned depending upon resources available and the need for assistance in other areas.
Please apply online at rcymca.org/employment
Wage: $13 per hour Full Time
- Actively communicate a positive attitude
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Be proficient with computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel programs
- Be proficient with multi line phone systems
- Be enthusiastic, friendly, reliable, and able to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Be able to maintain confidential information
- Be able to sit, stand, bend, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Be CPR and First Aid certified prior to or within 60 days of employment
Full Time Benefits
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Short Term Disability
• Discounted Day Care
• 401(a) Retirement Plan - Once qualified, the YMCA contributes 12% of the employee’s gross pay
• 403(b) Smart Account - Employees can begin making contributions immediately
• Free Membership to the YMCA of Rapid City
• Access to a full range of YMCA activities, classes and programs
• Free / At Cost Program Activities
• CPR / First Aid Certification
• Public Loan Forgiveness (30 Hours)
• Verizon Wireless Discount / Sprint Discount / AT&T Discount
• Shirt Vouchers
• Discounted Movie Tickets
YMCA of Rapid City
AddressRapid City, SD
Get fresh Member Service Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.