Summer Program Team Members, Day Camp (Antelope Valley Area)
- Posted: 15 days ago
Summer is a great time to have some fun, at the Y! If you love working with children, while soaking in the summer sun, the YMCA may have the perfect seasonal summer opportunity for you! There is no better entry into the workforce than having your first job at the Y! Learn valuable skills that you can take with you or take to your next job, by joining the Y as a seasonal Day Camp Counselor, Summer. Or, take a break from your school year routine and be a part of our team. We are looking for role models, to help children bridge the gap from one school year to the next. Engage with kids in fun and meaningful activities, while ensuring that they have the safest Best Summer Ever! Each day, our day camp counselors lead children in sports and recreational activities, engage children in enrichment and STEAM projects and help children thrive. Some of our day camps will also include field trips to some fun destinations: WNBA Game at the Crypto.com Arena, the Los Angeles Zoo, the Aquarium of the Pacific Long Beach, Discovery Cube Science Center and more. At the Y, we provide a safe and quality program experience for all youth, that focuses on building achievement, belonging and strong relationships in youth. We are looking for staff who can work all weeks of camp and attend pre-camp trainings.
- Flexible schedule with up to 10-40 hours, per week, based on need.
- Free facility access to our 26 greater Los angeles branches for you, your spouse or domestic partner and for your minor children (this includes FREE access to our fitness center, gym, weight room, indoor/outdoor pools, group exercise classes, on-site child care, etc.).
- 25% employee discount on all YMCA day camp programs for your age-eligible minor children.
- 20% employee discount on all YMCA programs for you, your spouse or domestic partner and for your minor children.
- Upon hire, access to free CPR, First Aid and Health certification courses.
- Upon hire, access to paid professional development and staff training throughout the season.
- Sick time accrual.
- Referral bonuses.
- and, so much more!
- Must be 18 years-old or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of vaccination or immunization to pertussis/whooping cough and measles (TDAP), or willing to complete within 7 days of hire.
- Current TB Test and Health Screening (upon hire, all new employees have access to complete a free TB test and health screening through our medical partners, Concentra).
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as required by local school districts.
- $16.79/Hour, for hired candidates with at least 12 qualifying units* and 6 months of experience
- $16.04/Hour, for hired candidates with no qualifying units and with no experience.
*12 qualifying units may include any combination of the following coursework: early childhood education, child development, child & adolescent development, psychology, sociology, art, theater, education, recreation, humanities, physical education, kinesiology, human services, nursing, counseling, etc.
Required Trainings: In order to work for the YMCA this summer in our day camp department, all hires are required to attend the following trainings, listed below. If you cannot attend the trainings listed below, you unfortunately will not be able to work with the YMCA this summer. Training is essential to the success of a YMCA program and to your success as a YMCA employee that works with children. Please review the training dates and self-reflect to determine if you are available to attend all trainings. Once you have confirmed that you can attend all trainings, please continue and apply. All trainings are paid trainings. In addition, the YMCA offers free CPR/First Aid classes for all summer employees, which are also paid trainings.
- YMCA Day Camp Health, Safety & Risk Management Training (MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW)
- Option 1: Wednesday & Thursday, May 24-25, 2023, 6:30pm-9:30pm (must attend both days) OR
- Option 2: Friday, May 26, 2023, 9:00am-3:00pm OR
- Option 3: Wednesday & Thursday, May 31 & June 1, 2023, 6:30pm-9:30pm (must attend both days) OR
- Option 4: Wednesday & Thursday, June 7-8, 2023, 6:30pm-9:30pm (must attend both days)
- YMCA Day Camp Programming Training
- ALL STAFF MUST ATTEND: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 9:00am-3:30pm
Upon hire, the YMCA provides all youth development staff with paid trainings throughout the season in the following areas: child abuse prevention, mandated reporting, positive discipline and child guidance, supervision and safety, risk management, programming, active shooter, diversity & inclusion, anti-bullying, communication and child development. Join the Y and grow your career with us or, take these valuable skills to your next job.
YMCA of Metropolitan L.A.
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?