Job Location - Mid Valley Family YMCA - 6901 Lennox Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91405
The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in Los Angeles, it is also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. With twenty-six branches, three camps and over fifty child care sites, the LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
This position will manage the business and administrative functions of the YMCA. Primary responsibilities include administrative support, records management, and human resources management. The Office Manager provides the management staff with operational and administrative support. The position coordinates all administrative support for the branch, as well as managing the Executive Director's calendar, organizing meetings and coordinating events with internal and external constituents. The Office Manager coordinates confidential and sensitive issues that require a high degree of discretion and tact to complete the day-to-day tasks necessary to facilitate program operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, directing and coordinating office services and serving as administrative support to all departments.
- High school Diploma
- 2-3 years working in an administrative role, preferred
- Strong oral and written communication; Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; data entry and word processing skills
- Develop, coordinate and maintain office and administrative systems to maintain effective daily operations. Primary activities include master calendar management, coordination of meetings and program events, maintenance of documentation and filing systems, contract and license/permit management, tracking and ordering of supplies, equipment and software.
- Manage the business functions of the organization including supervision of bookkeeping, assistance with accounting activities, processing invoices for payment and reconciliation of monthly financial statements, membership financials, billing and tracking. Develop and implement plan to recover outstanding balances.
- Maintain membership and program database and generate monthly reports as needed. Prepare and ensure all bank deposits are processed in a timely manner.
- Process, record and acknowledge all donations made to the organization. Assist with the management of the annual campaign and special events as needed. Create reports and maintain systems of donor cultivation and other projects as assigned.
- Assist senior management team with major business initiatives, as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing annual budget to include monitoring expenditures, creating monthly reports, handling record-keeping tasks and training staff on budgeting process and procedures. Responsible for the development and attainment of administrative budget.
- Provide assistance and support to Executive Director by performing highly confidential clerical and administrative support activities such as composing confidential correspondence, e-mails, letters, phone calls and maintaining confidential files.
- Establish, update and maintain manual and automated filing systems for confidential and administrative files in order to update and track information using paper files and electronic files.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for the Executive Director and prepare necessary support information for such meetings. Develop and maintain accurate meeting minutes and agendas for all meetings.
- Process purchases of supplies for the branch as needed using web purchasing. Such as Office Supplies etc.
- Input and process donations received into Raisers Edge.
- Assist Directors in Annual campaign.
- Coordinating food and snacks for Campaign dinners
- Update and Assist Directors in utilizing Volunteer Matters.
- Guide new volunteers through the onboarding process.
- Fill responsibilities of disseminating information to the YMCA Website(internal/external), YMCA Facebook page, and other local web boards.
- Sending email blast to members through Blue State Digital.
- Proofing Flyers for programs.
- Changing the Group Exercise Programs Calendar online and hard copies.
- Assist directors in completing.
- Correcting errors.
- Making time adjustments.
- Assist directors in completing.
- Develop and maintain efficient and accurate human resources records and reports in compliance with all federal, state, local and YMCA rules and regulations. Ensure all personnel records are up-to-date with addresses, contact persons, wage records, etc.
- Provide lead role in coordinating new hire paperwork process, completing new hire packets for employees and volunteers. Maintain confidential employee and volunteer files and records as required. Track employee time sheets and manage payroll duties as assigned.
- Prepare and process all employee termination paperwork. Responsible for coordinating all terminations with Metro HR to ensure timely processing of final check.
- Ensure all new employees are properly informed of insurance options, standards and policies; report new hires to Metro HR in accordance with YMCA of Metropolitan Association guidelines.
- Perform outgoing interviews with terminated and/or separating employees
- Document information provided by the Executive Director in all matters of employee terminations and reprimands
- Assist hiring managers in the recruitment, panel interview process, selection and hiring of employees and volunteers, when necessary.
- Develop and maintain a centralized job posting process for all branch vacancies
- Serve as staff liaison at Association Human Resources cluster meetings.
- Assist employees with training relating to branch, Association and HR policies and procedures.