Location: Downtown Metropolitan YMCA
25 E 16th Ave B, Denver, CO 80202
The Experience Representative Full Time, working as part of the YMCA Wellness Center team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at Wellness Centers. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and innovative in all aspects of their work within the Wellness Centers. Under the direct supervision of the Experience Director, the Experience Representative will be the first point of contact for prospective new members, current members and guests. The incumbent will perform a variety of membership sales and membership admin duties while responding to member and guests with a high level of energy providing professional, respectful service at all times.
- Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance focusing on the needs of the member.
- Conducts membership tours, enrolls new members and processes/reviews member applications, including performing/reviewing data entry on all membership requests.
- Assists Experience Director with member phone calls, emails and surveys.
- Assists Experience Director with marketing efforts.
- Assists members and participants with program registration, answers inquiries, including member concerns and provides information on membership and programs.
- Circulates throughout the building to ensure safety of users and security of building.
- May act as manager on duty if assigned.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure all aspects of the facility/programs are meeting member’s needs.
- Carry out daily tasks related directly to the position’s scope and responsibility.
LEADERSHIP MINDSETS AND BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrates Organizational Ownership
- Eager to Speak Your Mind and Hear from Others
- Thrive in a Team Environment
- Flexible and Nimble
- Relationship Building
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Strong fiscal management skills that ensure business growth and sustainability.
- Must be adaptable, have high ownership and strong work ethic.
- Commitment to shared accountability, teamwork, and creative leadership.
- Must possess and demonstrate an ability to interact positively with people. Must be able to perform several duties simultaneously and take the initiative to solve participant problems.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays in accordance with location volume and events.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required within 30 days of hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.