The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than 25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia, the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active. A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Are you looking to make an impact for an organization committed to serving others in mind, body and spirit? We are looking for someone with drive and to focus on the employee experience to support our employees who serve communities across Atlanta. You will enjoy listening, learning, building, teaching and working in a fast-paced environment. It is important that you thrive in an inclusive and collaborative team focused on innovation, process improvement, and compliance. Our team supports each other and despite our specific functional roles, there is no such thing as thats not my job. We are looking for a team member that is adaptable, embraces change, enjoys supporting HR colleagues and understands that HR adjusts to organizational needs.
The Human Resources Department supports all YMCA locations and Early Learning facilities. The Senior Human Resources Generalist reports directly to the Senior Manager of Human Resources and is responsible for supporting a broad range of HR competencies with a strong focus on employee relations.
- Minimum 3-4 years comprehensive HR experience with an emphasis on employment investigations with a consultative approach to the business
- Four year degree required
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR; SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Experience with HCM Systems (Workday preferred)
- Must have superior, proven investigation skills and have the ability to see an investigation through and provide comprehensive recommendations that align to policy/values in accordance with Federal/State laws
- As a member of this dynamic HR team, you will be responsible for the communication, guidance and education of core and common Employee Relations (ER)/HR policies.
- You will provide support, consultation and dispute resolution that champions company policy and values, while maintaining a focus on risk mitigation
- This position acts as an independent problem solver that is a trusted confidential resource providing clients with an analysis of facts, conclusions and recommendations as appropriate.
- Supports the HR Leadership team in advising Association on laws, policies and procedures to ensure fair and consistent application related to employee relations
- In consultation with the Senior Manager of Human Resources, administers progressive discipline policies and procedures, performance management and evaluations, terminations, employment transfers, classification actions, and FMLA
- Supports in the preparation and maintenance of the employee handbook and operating procedure manual
- Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects and under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Ability to build relationships and interact and communicate positively with all levels of management, employees, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with constituents of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Must have the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong emphasis will be placed on the individual candidates ability to work and communicate in a positive, collaborative manner
- Must have strong attention to detail, organization, project coordination skills and the ability to multi-task priorities and assignments with minimum supervision
- Experience in assessing/developing employment best practices and HR policies
- Change management champion with experience supporting new leaders and managers.
- Supports review, coordination and facilitation of employment action(s)
- Conducts exit interviews
- Coordinates Association communications with the Department of Labor (DOL)
- Supports New Hire Orientation
- Build and facilitate HR training to educate employees and internal stakeholders on compliance requirements and responsibilities
- Support in responding to EEOC charges
- Other duties as assigned.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Metro Atlanta YMCA